Wedding Dress: Sophia Tolli
Courtesy of: Facchianos Bridal and Formal Attire
My mother’s original wedding band is my “something old”, my friend’s earrings and bracelet are my “something borrowed, my wedding dress is my “something new”, and my shoes are my “something blue.” Now, I am working on my something smooth. I got my first bikini and underarm wax last week. Can you say “Ouch!” However, the pain is only momentary and the results are fabulous! It is amazing how much courage a wedding gives you. I do not think I would have not done this if it were not for our wedding.
If you have been wanting to try waxing and have not had the courage yet, sometimes knowing is half the battle. So, here are some things I learned along the way:
1. The severity of pain is dependant on your cycle. The optimal time is a week after.
2. The procedure is never painless, but the first time is the worst. My girl used spray lidocaine ten to fifteen minutes before the wax was applied to lessen the pain. It really does help.
3. Not all waxes are the same. There are two different types: hard and soft wax. The hard wax is applied in a thick layer, and has to have time to dry. Once the wax has hardened, a corner big enough to grip is peeled up and the wax itself is pulled. This is better for sensitive areas, but the wax comes off in chunks. Soft wax is applied in a thin layer, and a strip of cloth is added before it has a chance to harden. The cloth strip is then used to pull the wax off the skin. This has to be done in sections and the hard wax can be done all at once. Everyone’s preference is different, but I prefer the soft wax with cloth strips.
4. The full effects are not seen until the second time. This is because you hair grows in two different cycles. Since my hair is dark, I could still see hair growing under the skin. This second cycle, along with the first, will all be the same length next month, and I wont have that problem again.
5. Waxing damages the hair follicle, so the hair will grow back softer each time. Plus, over time the hair will take longer to grow back, lessening the number between waxings.
6. The hair must be grown out to about half an inch. A general rule, you want to be able to grab the hair. This is the hardest part.
Hope this helps! Happy Waxing!!!!
Comment // Categories: Uncategorized // Tags: Beauty Regiment, Waxing