My dad and my step-dad are walking me down the aisle. I am dancing with my dad at the reception. Obviously I’m am looking forward to these moments so this is not to discount them at all, but WHAT ABOUT MOM? I’m not going to lie, my mom is my BFF. I drag her out with me shopping all the time, at 31 (eek I said it) I still run everything by her for her opinion even if I don’t always listen, I call her for everything from how to bake a pie to should I put an offer in on the house. So, I feel it’s only fitting to honor her in some way at our wedding. But how? Well, I’ve seen some great ideas that I just may incorporate in my wedding but she’ll just have to wait and see which ones…
- I could give her special mention during the ceremony
- I could add a mother/daughter dance to the reception
- I could have the DJ dedicate a special song to her from me
- I could give a toast to her at the reception
- I could give her a special gift
Are you planning something special for your mom at your wedding?